BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 3 November 2011

A New Path

          
Wherever you are....be all there
~ Jim Elliot

Today I will savour the moment. To the cacophony of worrisome thoughts about tomorrow I say, "PEACE BE STILL." To the barrage of criticism swirling in my head concerning yesterday's failures I declare, " TOMORROW I WILL MAKE BETTER MISTAKES."

Living in the moment makes me so much happier—not just at the moment where the my favorite dark chocolate is melting on my tongue, but the place in my mind where I have found true contentment. Not just a fleeting moment but a knowing that whatever is thrown my way today is alright with me. Is that even possible when so many things seem to be going "wrong" in my life? Since most of the negative thoughts I entertain concern the past or the future, I choose to focus on what the Spirit is saying to me right here…right now.

This path I am choosing is so much smoother...there are still some mountains to climb and some of the valleys have been pretty daunting but somehow I am more equipped for the journey. My backpack has been less of a burden as well. I've decided that contentment and acceptance with joy are all that I really need.

Most importantly…on this journey, I am never alone.

2 comments:

Cat said...

"Since most of the negative thoughts I entertain concern the past or the future, I choose to focus on what the Spirit is saying to me right here…right now."

such a true and perfect thought
beautiful

love and light

Kmarie said...

Loved this post too. Did my other comment go through? Anyway, I never knew you were such an amazing writer...but what should I expect from an amazing lady. What perfect thoughts for a snowy day:)